5.12.2003

Is it right to start the countdown? It's already almost the middle of May. I don't know how this happens, how time slips through my fingers like sand. It's just the way it is, the way it always will be. I can't believe that I'm heading home in four weeks. Four weeks from today, I will be landing in Omaha, Nebraska and rushing into the arms of my expectant family. I'm already dividing up the remaining time; compartmentalizing it makes it seem even shorter. Two weeks left of class, only three actual periods of Oak Hill courses. A week with Becca, showing her London, hopefully making her love it as much as I do. Finals week, but only two tests. Free time till Monday, the nineth. I can already see the days starting to pick up speed. It was already a week ago that I was looking forward to yesterday. We keep reminding ourselves to live for this moment. To not sacrifice today for the sake of tomorrow. And yet, I can't help but look forward. It's part of who I am as a human being, looking forward to what is not yet, and at the same time, trying to balance it with what I'm doing now. It's the eternal dance, one that I'm constantly trying to learn. I feel like I'll never quite get the steps right.

No comments: