1.12.2007

Rats. I had just finished my post when everything got frozen. I'm going to be more abbreviated now:

Books I recommend:

The Heart is a Lonely Hunter (Carson McCullers)
Single by Chance, Mothers by Choice (Dr. Rosanna Hertz)
Spying on the Bomb (Jeffrey T. Richelson)
The Madonnas of Leningrad (Debra Dean)
Everything is Illuminated (Jonathan Safran Foer)

Books I do not recommend:

Shadow Baby (Alison McGhee)

Books I have heard are good or looked good at Barnes and Noble:

Swallows and Amazons (Arthur Ransome)
The Christian Mind (Harry Blamires)
The Last King of Scotland (Giles Foden)
Broken for You (Stephanie Kallos)
The Glass Castle (Jean Walls
Crow Lake (Mary Lawson)
Charming Billy (Alice McDermott)
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (Betty Smith)

Music I'm currently listening to:

The Crane Wife (The Decemberists)
Too Far to Care (Old 97's)
Transatlanticism/Plans (Death Cab for Cutie)
Woman King/Our Endless Numbered Days (Iron and Wine)
Strange and Beautiful (Aqualung)
Are You a Dreamer?/Philadelphia Songs/Safely Away (Denison Witmer)
Keep It Together (Guster)
The Swimming Hour (Andrew Bird)
Song of the Traveling Daughter (Abigail Washburn)
Sundayrunners (Sundayrunners)
Summerteeth (Wilco)
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind Soundtrack (Jon Brion/Polyphonic Spree/etc.)

High Points of 2007 so far:

a new relationship (an old friend in a new light)
20 kids in my chorus elective (instead of the 10 last semester--and I have six boys who might actually want to sing!)
39 out of 44 middle schoolers want to either be in or help with the spring play (it may have something to do with the fact that it's not a musical and they get to have sword fights--I'll take what I can get)
a potential move (maybe Chi-town??)
a new job next fall (not sure where yet)

That's a lot for only two weeks. (It may or may not include some hold overs from 2006). Hope you all are well and maybe still checking this blog.

2 comments:

me said...

chicago!!!!!!!!! then i will be jealous. but happy for you.

Christine said...

that sounds like a really interesting song. :D