2.25.2006

This was the week of the third cold.

I'm on the mend from yet another sinus thing. It was a good thing that the sixth graders were gone Thursday and Friday. I don't know if I could have handled them on top of a cold. It was actually a pretty laid back week at school. All three of my classes were finishing literature and grammar units, so we took a lot of tests, but then we watched film versions of all of our books, so we were watching movies most of the week. I managed to get almost all my grading done for once! I only have the Treasure Island journals and a Kidnapped end-of-the-book test left to grade. Of course, then I have all the new stuff from next week, but oh well. I felt like I got a lot accomplished this week, or at least, I got caught up on stuff I should have accomplished already.

Only two weeks until I go back to Iowa! I'm getting excited to see the Dordt crew. I talked to Chris Wilson yesterday on MSN, and that took me way back. Ah, the memories. Sometimes I really miss college. There are still so many classes I want to take, things I want to learn, people I want to drink coffee with. At least I have some Dordt people down here with me. And I get called by the poor kids who work in the advancement calling center about twice a month. So I guess my life isn't totally bereft of Dordt-ness.

I watched Rent last night. A great adaptation of a musical to the screen, and also a pretty interesting modernization of La Boheme. But, in the end, I felt like it was mainly about the conquering of New York by homosexuals. La vie boheme is pretty much living without "inihibitions" (aka morals), and anyone who doesn't have a sense of morality is just giving in to the system. Anyone else seen it?

1 comment:

Veritas said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.