2.20.2006

It's felt like summer the past few days. You know, that feeling you get in late April or May when the weather is warming up, and you just want to be outside. A laziness sort of wells up inside and you just want to lounge around and read a book on a blanket in the grass, you want to feel the sun heat your hair and your arms. It's that feeling of relaxation that hits you right after you take your last final, but you haven't yet packed up to go home for the summer, and you've got a little time to just be.

I want summer. Now.

Sorry to be so demanding. T.S. Eliot says that "April is the cruelest month/breeding lilacs out of the dead earth/mixing memory and desire," but I think that in Florida, the timetable gets moved up a bit. So, I think that February is the cruelest month, breeding hibiscus and strawberries out of the dusty earth, mixing memory and desire. Anyway. I get to see my aunt and uncle from Seattle today! I'm very excited. I haven't seen John in something like six or seven years, and the last time I saw Kate was when we were in Seattle on choir tour my first senior year. Even then, we had enough time to just go shopping and drink margaritas. And my granddad and grandma are coming down too. They haven't seen my apartment yet, even though I've been down here now for almost nine months, and they only live an hour and a half away. I love family.

4 comments:

Veritas said...

Summer does come early here. I think Summer is from March to December. But it is great to wear shorts 350 days a year, and to believe sunshine is your birthright. And the sea breeze is wonderful. And remember, it stays "green" here all year!

Liz said...

i mean summer break. as in no school. as in done. finito. sleep until 9. eat breakfast at 1 pm. go on so many dates that i can make up for being such a jerk girlfriend. :)

Veritas said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Veritas said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.