10.23.2005

She'll Be Coming 'Round the Mountain When She Comes

Wilma's just around the corner. I'm bringing in things from my porch, getting stuff away from the windows. Lindsay's stuck in Portland till who knows when, so I'm taking myself over to a hurricane party at Paula Moore's house (a co-worker from school, and the owner of a beautiful, strong, hurricane-proof house). Apparently there will be about 20 people there, so it should be fun to weather out the storm together. I'll have to let all you anxious mid-westerners know what it's like. The weather-people are pretty confident that it will make landfall somewhere around here, so things should be getting exciting later tonight. Honestly, I'm just ready for it to come and go. We've been waiting for her arrival for over a week now. It's kind of a weird sensation; all the windows are boarded up, people are gone (church was pretty barren today)... It wil be an interesting thing to go through. I can't say that living through a hurricane was at the top of my List of Things to Do in My Lifetime, but it will definitely go down as a memorable experience.

2 comments:

rebecca said...

How are things now? I haven't heard from you in a while, and I was kind of worried about the whole hurricane thing. I've never had to worry about anyone in a hurricane before...I mean, yeah, I felt sorry for all those people in New Orleans, but it was different because I didn't actually know anyone...
Oh, yeah, I thought I would warn you, or at least tell you that Mom and Mrs. Olberg (spelling?) have found you a man. Supposedly it would be perfect, and I guess I'm sort of excited at that thought...excited for you, at least, because it could be cool if he really was "the guy for you." He's "looking for a good Christian wife" and he's the last single child in his family (of four boys). Yeah...that's all I know...oh, and he grew up in Nebraska, and he lives nearby I think...just thought I'd tell you...yeah. ok.

ethan said...

hello ma keller.
its me, your son, chris.
i hope the hurricane didn't eat you.
i hope you are having fun in florida. Will you be coming to visit anytime soon? if you return to lincoln over the holidays, maybe we'll be there as well.
ethan