5.23.2005

So I'm a crappy blogger. What can I say--the absence of internet will do that to a person. Sorry Sam. Hope you're still watching--look! I'm finally posting!

New Scary things:

  • -moving to Florida
  • -Being a teacher. For real.
  • -paying bills.
  • -trusting the Lord for everything.
  • -renting an apartment.
  • -people telling me, "So, you're a real adult now."
  • -living a life of comparative luxury. would I give it up if He asked?

Currently:

  • -just finished reading Ladder of Years by Anne Tyler.
  • -listening to Sevina Yannatou's Sumiglia. If you like ethnic music, this is an awesome album. Greek music with fantastic improv. Rather different, but cool.
  • -trying to get up the gumption (as my grandma would say) to go for a walk.
  • -making a list of all the things I still have to do before I move next month.
  • -thinking about how awesome Barabara Kingsolver is. I just finished reading The Poisonwood Bible again. Prodigal Summer is a wow as well.
  • -before Ladder of Years I read The Magician's Assistant by Anne Patchett (Bel Canto). Very good.

Wishlist:

  • -a new digital camera
  • -20 pounds shed like snakeskin
  • -the urge to write poetry. i feel like my inner monologue is currently silent, which sucks.
  • -a free ticket to Bismarck, North Dakota.
  • -more discipline.

Julie, I'll try to get my booklist online soon. Maybe even later today.

No comments: